Coming soon to ManageBac: our Zoom integration is currently in progress and will soon be available on ManageBac!
Teachers can schedule online lessons with students via ManageBac. If Zoom is used, the meeting link will be auto-generated. Online lesson time and location will be displayed on the students’ and teachers’ calendars, so that they can better plan their days. They can enter an online meeting with one click from the Unit Stream or Class Calendar.
Via Class > Tasks & Units > Unit > Stream & Resources
Teachers can schedule online lessons via the Stream & Resources tab of their Units. They can click the Online Lesson button at the top of the Stream & Resources page to create a new online lesson and place it in the Stream of the unit.
Teachers can determine :
- Lesson Title
- Online Lesson Location
- Start time
- End time
- Details (for access to meeting for example).
Please note, for the Online Lesson Location, there are two options: 1) Zoom Meeting and 2) Other Online meeting.
If Zoom Meeting is selected, a meeting link will be automatically generated for the meeting. If this is the first time a ManageBac user schedules an online lesson via Zoom, they will need to go through the process to link their Zoom account to ManageBac, which will be remembered by ManageBac for subsequent Zoom meetings scheduled in ManageBac.
If Other Online meeting is selected, an input box for a link will appear, where users could copy other meeting locations into.
Note: Click the Online Lesson tool tip in the top right corner to see more details and information on linking and unlinking your Zoom account.
Unlinking Zoom from ManageBac
- Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Сlick Manage in the top right corner and then the Installed Apps tab or search for the ManageBac app.
- Click the ManageBac app to open it.
- Click Uninstall
Prerequisites for using Zoom for online meetings
- Users have a Zoom account
- Users are logged in to Zoom website in browser
- OR Users have the Zoom desktop application installed
Joining Online Lessons
Teachers can see and join the scheduled Online Lessons in the Stream & Resources tab of the Unit.
Students and teachers will also see the online lesson in the their Calendar and the latest activity list in their Dashboard. All users can join online lessons directly from the Calendar via the link provided.
In addition, teachers are able to add new online lessons from the Class > Calendar via the Add New Online Lesson Button.
- For all online lessons, a Lesson Title and start & end time is required. If you use Zoom for virtual meetings with your students, please perform the one-time set up to link your Zoom account to your ManageBac account.
- For subsequent Zoom meetings, simply select “Use Zoom Meeting”, and a meeting link will be automatically generated for you.
- Scheduled online lessons will appear in students’ calendars, as well as their “Stream and Resources” view for this unit.
- To de-link your Zoom account from the MB account, please visit Zoom marketplace https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/installed and click the Uninstall button related to ManageBac Zoom Integration app
- If you use any other virtual meeting tools, select “Other" as online lesson location, and then add the URL where students can join the online lesson.
- Read about how to use ManageBac in a remote environment on: https://www.managebac.com/blog/using-managebac-remote-environment
- Linking to ManageBac from Zoom marketplace is possible via the steps listed below.
Installing MB app via Zoom marketplace.
Users can navigate to https://marketplace.zoom.us/ to install the MB app directly via zoom.
Search for the ManageBac app in the Zoom search field and click Visit site to install.
A pop-up window will prompt the user to enter their ManageBac URL or email address to then direct the user to the appropriate ManageBac screen.
If the user is already logged in to ManageBac, the authorisation screen will appear. If the user is not yet logged in to ManageBac, they will be redirected to the login screen to enter their ManageBac credentials and then will be directed to the authorisation screen.
After successful authorisation, users will be redirected to their ManageBac Dashboard.