This is an example of selling T-shirts but can be used to sell anything.
Click your Activities & Clubs Tab
Click on Instant Book, and then click the ‘Add’ button on the top right of the screen
- Fill out the title of the Container – we recommend calling this ‘Merchandise’ or something like that.
- Add in a description, about the items for sale, size etc. This can be changed later as you update what you want to sell, e.g. mugs, tea towels, etc.
Upon selecting ‘Instant Book and Pay’ another set of options will appear.
- Choose whether you would like parents to be able to cancel their orders, and the time frame before the last booking that they can do this in (this can be set to 4 days before at the most). If you would like them to be auto-refunded with credit check Auto adjust payments.
- Set the Activity start date to a date in the future when you will not take any more payments, e.g. the date of the end of the school year.
- Set the Activity end date to the same date.
- Set the Sign up closes date to the same date as well.
- Uncheck Use organisational block dates?
- Add in any Terms and conditions you would like.
- Click the Save button on the bottom right.
Next create a Group. Click the +Add button. Groups are important because you can use them for communications. For example, you could send a mail out to everybody to tell them the order of T-shirts has arrived and they need to collect what they've bought.
- Name the group “T-Shirts”.
- Enter a Description, e.g. “Small, medium and large T-shirts for sale”
- Make Available to whoever you would like to be able to purchase the merchandise, e.g. Whole School, All Regions, etc.
- Choose Gender Mixed (available to anyone)
- Lead Staff Member will be yourself or whoever is organising the sale and distribution of the items
- Choose Activity as ‘Other’
- The other fields can be left blank.
- Click the Save button
Now we need to add events, for different options (Sizes and costs). For example 1 x Small, 2x Small, 1 x Medium, 2 x Medium....
Click on Create Events and then click on the +Add New Button.
- Name the event ‘Small’.
- Add in any Vital information and Additional information if required.
- Set the Booking Options to Individual.
- Set Number of places to 0 (unlimited) unless you have a limited amount of T-shirts available.
- Check the ‘T-Shirts’ group.
- Check the Use group default location box.
- Change the Event Type to 'Fee Only' - this won't show the booking in the parents' calendars.
- Change the Cost Type to ‘Chargeable’.
- Enter the Price per session as the price of a small T-shirt, e.g. 15.
- Change the Frequency to ‘Single Day’
- Click on the Create Rule button.
Now do the same for Medium, Large and any other sizes or buying options you require (2 x Small, 3x Small) .
To do this quickly, click the Copy button on the right-hand side of the events rule you have already created.
Change the title to ‘Medium', Check the Use Group Default Location box, change the price to the price for a medium T-shirt, and the Frequency to ‘Single Day’ and then click the Create Rule button.
A pop-up box similar to the one below will appear. Click on the green ‘Yes, create rule anyway’ button.
Repeat this process for the other sizes & options, e.g. Large, XL, 2x Small, 2x Medium etc.
You should now have multiple events set up and it should look something like this:
Next Publish the Events to make the booking options live (this is also dependent on when the overall Sign up opens date& time is set on the container).
- Click on ‘Publish Events’ button.
- Check the ‘I confirm’ box
- Click the ‘Publish’ button.
Click the Publish button in the confirmation pop-up box that appears.
The 'events' will take a few minutes to be generated.
If parents wish to purchase more than one T-shirt of a given size, then separate events will need to be created for each size, e.g. Small x 2 T-shirt and the price changed accordingly.
After this, have a look at what a parent will see - Checking Instant Book and Pay Events 🎬