Instant Book and Pay Events are a great option if you want to give parents/pupils the option of booking immediately, especially if you want to take payment up front. Its perfect for School Trips, Breakfast Clubs, Wraparound care events, and After School Clubs (that are not part of a larger, preference based sign up).
THIS OPTION SHOULD BE USED IF YOU ARE HAPPY FOR PARENTS TO SELF SELECT THEIR CHILDREN INTO THE EVENTS.
(Please note: you can control who can see which events they are able to book by filtering each group by Year, Grade or any other Group in the system).
Please see the article below or watch this video (21 minutes) for:
- A container for your care clubs
- Groups inside the container for both breakfast and after school care clubs
- To create events for those groups both with:-
- Individual Drop-in sessions
- Daily block bookings - allowing parents to book each Monday in a sequence (e.g. a term or half-term)
- How to make a manual booking for a parent
- Where to view the bookings that have been made
- How to edit an event, e.g. change the number of places available for a booking day
Simple Breakfast and After School Club Setup
This article shows how to create an Instant book & pay to allow sign up for an example daily repeating Breakfast Club.
- Click the 'Activities, Clubs & Bookings Admin' tab (this may be labelled differently due to your School's preferences)
- Click the container type, in this scenario 'Wraparound Care'
(If your school does not have this option, the 'Instant Book & Pay' tab will have the same functionality. If you would like this 'Wraparound Care' option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to set this up for you)
- Click 'Add'
Fill in the details for Breakfast Club (please click on the image below to enlarge it)
- Sign Up Title: e.g. Breakfast Clubs - We would recommend setting breakfast clubs termly.
- Description: Any information that is relevant to all Breakfast Sessions
- Maximum Bookable events per group: Leave this as 0 as the groups will be organised by year or by a custom group and there may be multiple sessions per term/year.
- Activities start/end dates/times: Set the dates for when you want the activities to occur, in this case for the whole school year. You can re-use the container to add clubs as the year progresses. The times are not important in this case as they can be set for each individual event later.
- Responsibility for confirmation: Leave 'Parents only' highlighted green, or switch to 'Students or Parents' or 'Students' only according to your School’s preferences.
- Sign up opens: Date when sign up opens (when parents can start booking)
Sign up closes: Date when sign up closes (e.g. if you are creating the container for the term/year, when is the last day that parents should be able to sign up for the Breakfast Club sessions)
- Show select all button: This enables the parent/student to select all activities in one go.
- Use organisation block dates?: This defaults to on and will use your block dates that have been set at an organisational level. Don't use these if you want to run clubs during half term for example.
- Accept Voucher Payments: Only select this if childcare vouchers will be accepted for Breakfast Club Sessions. If you select this option, you will have the choice to be able to limit which group can pay by childcare vouchers (please see this article about Restricting the use of Childcare Vouchers.)
- Terms & Conditions: You can enter any terms & conditions that apply to all trips. Trip-specific T's & C's will be entered at a later stage.
- T&C's additional info (URL): If you have your school T's and C's in a PDF file, for example, you can add a link to it here.
- Booking Data Form: We can create a form for you to collect any other information you require of the student at the time of booking.
When the correct details have been entered click the green save button on the lower right of the screen.
From the Groups tab, click the blue '+ Add' button in the top right.
Fill in the correct details regarding the Breakfast Club.
- Title: Title of the Group (Parents/Pupils will see this)
- Description: Description of the Group (Parents/Pupils will see this)
- Available to: When selected, a pop-up box will appear on the screen. This will determine who can sign up for the Breakfast Club. Use the drop-down box and search bar to search for the Year/Group/Class that will be able to sign up. When the correct Year/Group/Class has been found, select the ‘Add’ and then the green ‘Continue’ tab.
(PLEASE NOTE: THIS CAN BE ANY OTHER GROUP IN THE SYSTEM, SO IF YOU WANT TO FILTER WHO CAN BOOK TO JUST A SELECTION OF 5 STUDENTS YOU COULD CREATE A CUSTOM GROUP AND ADD IN 5 STUDENTS AND ONLY THESE PARENTS/STUDENTS WOULD BE ABLE TO BOOK IT) - click here for how to create a group
- Gender: Gender of the Group
- Lead Staff Member: Which Staff Member will be the Organiser of the group
- Activity: This will not be visible to the booker so can be set as 'Other'
- Default Location: Location of the Breakfast Club
- Group Code: This can be used for finance reconciliation
- Billing Code: This can be used for finance reconciliation
Now the group has been created it will appear in the container Groups tab.
Events must now be created for the group. To do this, click the 'Create Events' tab, and the blue 'Add New' button.
Fill in the following information fields as follows:-
- Title: Breakfast Club session (or BC Session)
- Vital Information: any vital information surrounding the Breakfast Club
- Additional Information: any further information surrounding the Breakfast Club
- Booking Options: Use 'Block' where e.g. all Mondays must be booked at the same time. Use 'Individual' where each session can be booked individually, the select all button will allow you to select all Mondays, Wednesdays, etc as required as well as ad-hoc bookings.
- Number of places: maximum number of places for the Breakfast Club
- Create for groups: select the newly created group
- Location: this can either be the location specified when creating the group or a location can be selected in the drop-down bar.
- Event type: this will be Breakfast Club
- Cost Type: this can either be free or chargeable
- Price per session: this will be the price per session (for example, £2 per breakfast club session)
- Percentage to pay at time of booking/Deposit (%): this is the percentage required to pay when booking. If less than 100%, the remainder will sit on the account balance to be paid in the future.
- Payment Method: select 'Immediate - SchoolsBuddy Payments'
Fill in the following information fields as follows:-
- Frequency: For this example of a term's sessions, this will be 'Multiple Days'
- Activities start date: First date of the breakfast club / Activities end date: Last date of the breakfast club
- Days of the week: select which days of the week
- Start Time: start time of breakfast club / End Time: end time of breakfast club
- Sign up opens in advance: This is optional. Leave blank to use the date & time set at container level / Sign up closes in advance: This is optional. Leave blank to use the date & time set at container level
When the correct details have been entered, click the 'Create Rule' button.
- When 'Create Rule' has been clicked, the event template will show in the 'Create Events' tab. Now go to the 'Publish Events' tab.
- A summary of the events ready to create will be listed. At this point check all details are correct, and check the last column 'Event Count' is as expected.
- To publish the events, click the 'I confirm' tick box and the green 'Publish' button.
- When the events have been published and the sign up has opened, parents/pupils will be able to book the events.