This article will help you to set up a Container to sell Tickets for events such as a Christmas Concert, etc.
- Log in to SchoolsBuddy and click your Activities & Clubs Tab (this may be labelled differently for your school)
- Click Tickets. If this option is not available for your school, please contact email@example.com and we will be able to add this option if you require it. If not, the Instant Book & Pay button will have the same functionality.
- Click the Add button on the top right of the screen.
- Fill out the title of the Container – we recommend calling this ‘Tickets for Christmas Concert 2020’ or something following those lines. This is what the parents will see.
- Add in a description
- Maximum bookable events per group: This will be the maximum number of tickets a parent can purchase, e.g. 2, 3.
- Set the activity start date to a date in the future, e.g. the date of the Concert.
- Set the activity end date to the same date.
- Set the Activity default start time to the time of the start of the concert.
- Set the Activity default end time to the time of the end of the concert.
- Set the Sign Up Opens date to a date when you want the sign up to open.
- Set the Sign Up Close date to maybe a day before the date of the concert.
- Untick ‘Use organisational block dates?’
- Add in any terms and conditions you would like.
- Click the green ‘Save’ button on the bottom right.
You will be on the Container information screen and will now need to create your Group. To do so click the blue ‘+Add’ button.
- Name the Group “Tickets for Christmas Concert 2020” for example.
- Enter a description.
- Make available to whoever you would like to be able to purchase the tickets, e.g. Whole School
- Set the Gender and Lead Staff member as you wish
- Activity as ‘Other’
- Default Location could be Main Hall, Sports Hall etc.
- The other fields can be left blank.
- Click the green ‘Save’ button
Now we need to add events, or in this case the seat numbers. Basically, all individual seats will be an event.
Click on ‘Create Events’
And then click on the ‘+Add New’ Button.
- Name the event ‘Seat 1A’ for example.
- Add in a Vital description
- Add in additional information
- Set the Booking Options to Individual.
- Set Number of places to 1.
- Set the lead member of staff
- Select the group
- Select a location
- If you are charging for the tickets, change the ‘Event Type’ to ‘Assembly, although this is not essential. Otherwise, leave as ‘Free’ and go to point 10. Change the ‘Cost Type’ to ‘Chargeable’ Enter the Price per session as the price of a ticket, e.g. 15.
- Change the frequency to ‘Single Day’
- Select the event date
- Select the start time
- You do not need to a set anything here
- Select 'Save'
Now we need to do the same for each seat. However, there is a short cut to save time.
Click the blue ‘Copy’ button on the right-hand side.
A lot of the information will already be entered.
All you will need to change is the ‘Title’ (to Seat 1B, Seat 1C, etc.) and check the ‘Use Default Location’ Box. You may want to change the price if seats have different prices.
A pop-up box similar to the one below will appear. Click on the green ‘Yes, create rule anyway’ button.
Repeat this process for the other seats, e.g. Seat 1C, Seat 1D, Seat 2A, Seat 2B, etc.
Once all the seats (events) have been created, you are ready to Publish the events to make them visible to the parents.
- Click on ‘Publish Events’ button.
- Check the ‘I confirm’ box
- Click the green ‘Publish’ button.
Click the ‘Publish’ button in the pop-up box that appears.
The events will take a few minutes to be generated but once they are, they will be visible to parents who will be able to select the event and purchase / book the ticket.
A parent view will look similar to this and they will be able to select and book tickets, up to a maximum of the value you set in Point 4.1.