What is the OSC Study App?
OSC Study is an all-in-one App combining flash cards, revision guides and videos. Learn more about OSC Study and how to access if you are a current SMARTPREP user.
- What data is shared from ManageBac to OSC Study?
OSC Study only receives relevant data that lets us create a seamless user experience. This data is limited to the profile of your DP/CP school members, their parents, and their class memberships.
We understand and acknowledge that your school’s data is private, and that’s how we treat it. ManageBac and OSC Study are fully GDPR compliant.
- I've enabled OSC Study App in my ManageBac Settings. How long will it take for OSC Study Exercises to work?
Depending on how large your school is, it will take 2 hours for all data to be synced with OSC Study. Class memberships synching ensures that OSC Study Exercises are available for the intended students.
- How often are class memberships synced from ManageBac to OSC Study App?
New users and updates to class memberships are synced to OSC Study every 2 hours, meaning it will take a maximum of 2 hours for a new student to have access to all OSC Study Exercises within a class.
- I’ve created an account on the OSC Study App and didn’t receive a verification email. What do I do?
Please check your spam folder. If you can’t find the verification email in your spam folder, please try registering again. If you continue to encounter issues, please contact us at email@example.com
- I already have a ManageBac account. How can I access the OSC Study App for free?
All first-time users will automatically receive a free 7-day trial that lets them experience the full suite of subjects and features. To continue using the app after the trial ends, your school will need to purchase a full access license. Licenses are exclusively available through ManageBac, so please get in touch with your ManageBac sales or support representative.
Accessing the app is super easy because our integration with ManageBac is seamless, making use of a single sign-on (SSO).
- Navigate to the OSC Study App login page (app.oscstudy.com/login) > click the ‘Login with ManageBac’ button
If your ManageBac URL ends with managebac.cn, please select the ManageBac China button. All other URLs ending with managebac.com, please click the ManageBac Global button.
- Login with your ManageBac credentials and authorise the OSC Study App.
- Once logged in, you’ll automatically be transferred to the OSC Study App. You’re ready to go!
- I already used OSC Study App. How can I access the app with my ManageBac account while not losing the study progress on my old account?
We let you merge your OSC Study account with ManageBac.
While this action will replace your profile, it will save all your study progress (analytics, notes, folders, exercises, etc.). It will also let your teachers send you exercises. Note: This action cannot be undone.
To merge your accounts, follow the steps below:
- Log in with your OSC Study account.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ page via the gear cog icon.
- Click ‘Account & Profile’.
- Click the ‘Merge account with ManageBac’ button.
- After clicking ‘Yes’, you will be redirected to the ManageBac log-in page.
- Once merged, the button will change to indicate the profile is Merged.
- Which devices can I use the OSC Study App on?
You can access the OSC Study App with all mobile, tablet, and computer devices.
OSC Study App is a web app that is accessed via your web browser. The design is responsive, which means that the user interface automatically adapts to the screen size of your device, displaying the same interactive features and content.
- I’m experiencing issues with the OSC Study App. What do I do?
OSC Study App is compatible with the latest browser releases. Make sure you have downloaded the version of your browser that is supported by OSC Study.
For tablets and computers, these are:
- Safari (Safari 13)
- Google Chrome (Google Chrome 77.0)
For mobile devices, these are:
- Safari (Safari under iOS 13.2) for iOS Devices
- Google Chrome for Android Devices
If system issues continue to occur, try clearing your browser's cache.
If this still does not fix the issues you are experiencing, please contact us with details of the issue.
- How do I best use the OSC Study App on mobile?
You will have the best user-experience with OSC Study App when installing the web app to your system.
This will let the web app look and feel like a native app. The browser header will disappear and you’ll be able to benefit from the full screen size while studying the cards in landscape.
For iOS Devices:
- Tap the 'Share button' in your browser's menu bar
- Tap the 'Add to Home Screen' icon.
For Android Devices:
When logging into the app, you will automatically receive instructions on how to install the web app to your system.
- Do I need to be connected to the internet to use OSC Study App?
Yes. In the current version of OSC Study App, studying flash cards requires an active internet connection.
- How much mobile data does OSC Study App use while I'm studying?
All content in OSC Study App was created to reduce mobile data usage to a bare minimum.
For example: the average card has a size of 57 KB - this means studying 100 cards will use up 5.7 MB of your data volume. That is roughly the same amount as is required to play a song from a music streaming site.
- Where are the SMARTPREP servers located?
- Does SMARTPREP IB App cover all of the content I need to know for the IB Diploma Programme?
OSC Study App provides full coverage of ten IB DP subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Business Management, Environmental Systems & Societies History, Mathematics Analysis and Approaches, Mathematics Applications and Interpretations, Economics and Spanish B (with more in development).
There are thousands of questions and answers developed by subject experts and allow maximum flexibility, whether you have two years to study or two months to revise.
Due to the nature of the small format and the consolidated content, OSC Study App is designed to complement your traditional learning effort.
- Where can I find the publication data (e.g. author, edition number, etc.) of the subjects I’m using in SMARTPREP IB App?
Click the info icon that is located in the top right corner of the user interface in ‘Topics’.