Subscription & Integration
- How does the ManageBac integration work?
- Setup - Via Public API token obtained from ManageBac.
- Sync - All users, subjects, and classes sync over from ManageBac into AssessPrep.
- SSO - The Launchpad allows teachers and students to login seamlessly between ManageBac and AssessPrep. Switch between the systems from the top Launchpad.
There will be more points of integration in the future.
- What is the complete process to create and administer a test?
- Teachers create a test on www.app.assessprep.com and publish it . (Refer to Creating a Test tutorial.)
- Students download the test through the offline app on Mac or Windows to take the test and submit. (Refer to Taking a Test tutorial.)
- Teachers grade and give feedback on the submissions on AssessPrep. (Refer to Assessing Tests tutorial.)
- Why can't I access AssessPrep via my ManageBac account?
You can access AssessPrep via the ManageBac LaunchPad
If your school is using ManageBac and AssessPrep, users will be able to access AssessPrep via the LaunchPad at the top of your ManageBac account.
- Can't see the LaunchPad? If users are unable to view the LaunchPad it means that the user has not yet verified their email address.
Users who are not able to access AssessPrep via their ManageBac LaunchPad should log into their ManageBac account and then check their email (including spam/junk inbox) for the verification email. Once the email is verified then they will then be able to access AssessPrep in the Accounts Portal launchpad.
- What does the integration cost?
- Will AssessPrep function without a working internet connection?
The online browser options require an internet connection, however, the offline app does not. All teachers & students taking assessments should download the offline app. See our tutorial for further guidance on how to download the offline app here.
- Which versions of Mac and Windows are supported?
Mac: 10.12. and above.
Windows: 8 and above.
- What are the full system requirements?
Students are able to complete the examinations using either a Windows PC or Mac, which meets the following minimum system requirements. The recommended specification should be met, where possible, as this will ensure optimum user experience.
- Is the Offline App secure?
Student responses are saved securely and the test resumes from the same point in case of computer restart. Also, the software blocks access to other files and applications, including Internet access in order to mitigate cheating.
- Does the offline app have the same tools and behavior as the actual e-Assessment?
The layout of the offline app is almost identical to the testing experience from the IB e-Assessments. The app blocks out all other applications so the student cannot switch out of the test. The test is run completely offline so there is no concern about internet connection while running simulations. Responses are saved every 30 seconds so the test can resume from the same point in case of a computer restart.
- Is there a question bank for the teachers to use?
Not yet but there will be soon. We are working with the IB to collate a number of realistic questions from each subject group so that teachers can sample these questions and create realistic MYP & DP assessments.
Currently, each question added on your account can be re-used via a school-based resource bank, filtering by question type or criteria.
- What kind of support will we get for AssessPrep?
AssessPrep users can email our support team at email@example.com and will receive a response within 24 hours.
Online training is complimentary. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule training.
- I am not able to search for any test for my class.
Ensure you are accessing the correct AssessPrep platform.
- I am not able to submit the test it is exporting the response file on the desktop.
The offline application always checks for an internet connection at the time of submission. If there is no internet present or any issues, it will auto-export the response file in an encrypted format to the desktop. Such files can be emailed to the teachers and can be uploaded further.
- Student - I am not able to type or the application stops responding at times.
Whenever there are issues like unable to type or the computer freezes, try to relaunch the application and can find the test under the 'Submission pending' tab. Choose to resume the test and can remotely request the invigilator code to the teachers.
**Remember do not submit the test due to any technical issues, always choose to quit the test. So that it can be resumed. Once the test is submitted further online submissions are not allowed.
- What happens if I choose not to update the application to the latest versions.
The students will not have access to the newly added features, question types, security updates, and will not be able to request to resume any tests remotely. Moreover, old versions of the test progress will not be monitored.
- Student submitted early by mistake
Once a test is submitted further edit/update is not allowed. We observed that some students when facing any issues during the test tend to submit, we request educating the students (Teachers as well) that in case of any issues they should quit or close the application instead of submitting. Which would eventually allow the students to resume any test once the issue is resolved and can recover the previous response.
- Student quit by mistake
If a student quits the test by mistake, it is not a problem. They can re-launch the application and look for the test under the ‘Submission pending’ tab and can choose to start/resume. Also, the students with the latest version of the Application 6.0.1, can request the invigilator code to the teachers with a valid explanation and teachers can choose to approve/decline via the ‘Attention needed’ under the Live Invigilation. (At present not available to China schools).
- Student code is wrong
The best way is the student should log in to their respective AssessPrep account and on the top right, they can view and make a note of their student code as shown in the below screenshot. The student code is unique and it never changes throughout their academic career with AssessPrep.
Why would you use an Online test?
Online tests are useful for low-stake assessment or formative assessments; mostly helpful for quiz, homework, assignments. Online Browser with Security provides a middle ground where student clicks are tracked every time they click away from the test itself, while still hosting the test online.
- What are the exact differences between Offline and Online tests?
The offline test works in a lockdown mode i.e. AP application blocks other applications in the background. Online tests can be taken via web browsers like Google Chrome. It is generally useful for low-stake assessment or formative assessments; mostly helpful for quiz, homework, assignments.
- Can you change a test between Offline and Online at the last minute prior to running the test if needed?
Yes, the delivery mode of the test can be changed. If the test is published and students have given submissions you cannot change the delivery mode. You can only change the delivery mode Online to offline or vice-versa if the test is not published by the teacher. You can switch the delivery mode by choosing the “Edit Test” pencil icon, which will bring you to the Edit page:
- If the test is online, and I include website links in the question, can the student access?
Yes, you can include website links in online tests.
- Can I unarchive a task or any question after choosing the archive option?
No, at present if any task or question is archived can not be used again. It removes that task or question from that assessment and also removes them from the internal question library as well.
- I do not see the option to 'Publish' the test form my test homepage.
Now the option to Publish the test is moved inside the test. You can also choose selected students or classes as well before publishing any test via the Deliver tab within any test.