Subscription & Integration
- How does the ManageBac integration work?
- Setup - Via Public API token obtained from ManageBac.
- Sync - All users, subjects, and classes sync over from ManageBac into AssessPrep.
- SSO - The Launchpad allows teachers and students to login seamlessly between ManageBac and AssessPrep. Switch between the systems from the top Launchbar.
There will be more points of integration in the future.
- What is the complete process to create an administer a test?
- Teachers create a test on www.assessprep.com and publish . (Refer to Creating a Test tutorial.)
- Students download the test through the offline apps on Mac or Windows to take the test and submit. (Refer to Taking a Test tutorial.)
- Teachers grade and give feedback on the submissions on www.assessprep.com. (Refer to Assessing Tests tutorial.)
- Why can't I access AssessPrep via my ManageBac account?
You can access AssessPrep via the ManageBac LaunchPad
If your school is using ManageBac and AssessPrep, users will be able to access AssessPrep via the LaunchPad at the top of your ManageBac account.
Can't see the LaunchPad? If users are unable to view the LaunchPad it means that the user has not yet verified their email address.
Users who are not able to access AssessPrep via their ManageBac LaunchPad should log into their ManageBac account and then check their email (including spam/junk inbox) for the verification email. Once the email is verified then they will then be able to access AssessPrep in the Accounts Portal launchpad.
- What does the integration cost?
- Will AssessPrep function without a working internet connection?
The online application requires internet connection, however, the offline app does not. All teachers & students taking assessments should download the offline app. See our tutorials for further guidance on how to download the offline app for Mac and PC.
- Which versions of Mac and Windows are supported?
Mac: 10.7 and above.
Windows: 7, 8 and 10 .
- Is the Offline App secure?
Student responses are saved securely and the test resumes from the same point in case of computer restart. Also, the software blocks access to other files and applications, including Internet access in order to mitigate cheating.
- Does the offline app have the same tools and behaviour as the actual eAssessment?
The layout of the offline app is almost identical to the testing experience from the IB eAssessments. The app blocks out all other applications so the student cannot switch out of the test. The test is run completely offline so there is no concern about internet connection while running simulations. Responses are saved every 30 seconds so the test can resume from the same point in case of a computer restart.
- Is there a question bank for the teachers to use?
Not yet but there will be soon. We are working with the IB to collate a number of realistic questions from each subject group so that teachers can sample these questions and create realistic MYP & DP assessments.
Currently, each question added on your account can be re-used via a school-based resource bank, filtering by question type or criteria.
- What kind of support will we get for AssessPrep?
AssessPrep users can email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and will receive a response within 24 hours.
Online trainings are complimentary. Contact us at email@example.com to schedule a training.