- Accessing Test Submissions for Grading
- Parts of the Grade page
- Marking and leaving Feedback & Annotations
- Publishing Marks and Feedback
Accessing Test Submissions for Grading
Step 1 - Login to your teacher account on https://app.assessprep.com
Step 2 - Click on the 'My Assessments' tab on the left side panel of the home page and then type the name of your published assessment in the search bar to find it.
Step 3 - Click on the name of the assessment to open it.
Step 4 - Once you open your assessment, you will be taken to the 'create' page, as shown below. Here, click on the 'Grade' tab on the middle panel at the top.
Once you click on the 'Grade' tab, you will be redirected to the page shown below.
Step 5 - Now you can start grading the submitted answers.
Parts of the 'Grade' page
The panel on the top tells you :
1. Name of the student for whom you are currently grading a particular question.
2. The total Points/Marks obtained by the student.
3. Once you have graded all the questions for a student, you can click on 'Publish' to let the student see their marks, answer explanations, and your comments.
4. 'View uploads' allows you to see and annotate the files uploaded by the students.
5. This 'More' dropdown lets you perform multiple functions mentioned below:
a. 'Export to PDF' allows you to export the student responses to a PDF file.
b. 'Reset submission' lets you allow a student to submit their assessment again.
c. 'Reopen uploads' lets you allow a student to upload more files after submission.
This panel allows you to move to the desired question of the assessment.
1. Previous - click on this to go to the previous question in the selected section.
This panel on the left side of your page allows you to search and select the student from the search bar for which you want to start grading the assessment.
From the status bar, you can filter students by Status or Class (if the test is assigned to multiple classes):
1. Ungraded- Check if you have left any student question ungraded before publishing the grades to the class.
2. Unpublished- Check if you have left any student whose grades are not yet published.
- Publish all results- Click on 'Publish all results' to publish the grades to all the students mapped to the test.
- Export all to pdf- Click on 'Export all to pdf' to print the student responses for all the students mapped to the test into pdf format.
- Export all to excel- Click on 'Export all to excel' to export the student grades from AssessPrep to an excel file.
Note - Once you have selected a particular section and question number, you can start clicking on the names of the students one by one to grade that particular question for all the students in one go.
On the top right panel the following options are available :
1. Published/ Draft/ Close - You can click on this button and choose 'Draft' to unpublish the test, this will unpublish the test mapped to a particular classroom/ students. You can choose 'Close' to close the submissions for this test. Once you click close, students will not be able to attempt/submit any answers.
2. Google Meet - Click on this to join the video call for invigilation while the students are taking the test. You can also share video call links for Zoom, Microsoft Teams.
3. Preview- Click on preview icon to check how the test will appear to the students.
4. Collaborators - Click this button to add other teachers as collaborators to this test. The teachers that you add can then help you in grading and evaluation.
5. Invigilators - Click this button to add other teachers as invigilators while the students are taking the test.
6. Print - Click on 'Print' to print the questions of the test.
Marking and leaving Feedback & Annotations
For multiple choice questions, if a student has marked the correct answer, AssessPrep automatically assigns full marks. This feature greatly reduces a teacher's workload.
If a student has typed a particular answer, you can check it and assign the marks accordingly by typing in the space provided. In the 'comments' box, you can type anything that you wish to convey to the student. For this, an extensive tool panel is made available as shown above, when you start typing. Once you have typed the marks and comments, click on 'Submit' to save them.
Note - As soon as you type the marks, AssessPrep automatically adds them to the total marks. This way, you never have to worry about totaling the test.
On the answer typed by the student, the teacher can also make annotations.
For this, select the part of the text that you wish to annotate. A blue icon will appear as shown above. Click on this icon to type the annotation.
When you click the 'Annotate' icon, a text editor will open as shown above. In this editor, type your annotation and click on 'Save'.
The annotated text will be highlighted in yellow and when the student will bring the cursor over the highlighted text, they will be able to read the annotation.
How to open and annotate on student uploads
The answers uploaded by students as images or documents appear in 'View uploads' tab on the top-right corner.
When you click on 'View uploads', you would be able to see the screen shown below:
a. Publish all results- Click on 'Publish all results' to publish the grades to all the students mapped to the test.
b. Export all to pdf- Click on 'Export all to pdf' to print the student responses for all the students mapped to the test into pdf format.
c. Export all to excel- Click on 'Export all to excel' to export the student grades from AssessPrep to an excel file.
You can enable changes on the images from the annotation tool panel as shown below:
1. Rotate right- To rotate the image to the right
2. Zoom in- To zoom in the images to your desired level
3. Zoom out- To zoom out the image to your desired level
4. Move- To move the image in the canvas
5. Check- To mark correct on the answer script
6. Cross- To mark incorrect on the answer script
7. Comment- To give feedback to the student on their answer script
8. Draw rectangle- To highlight an area on the answer script
9. Draw path- To underline an area on the answer script
10. Delete- To delete all of the above tools on the image
3. This dropdown allows you to switch between different files uploaded by the student.
Note - Once you click on Page number, it will open the question mapped to the uploaded file on the right side as shown below. It will only work if the student has uploaded the file on a particular question.
This will not work if the student has uploaded the file outside the test window. The file uploaded outside the test window will look like this:
Publishing Marks and Feedback
Once you have finished grading all the questions for a particular student, you can click the 'Publish' button on the top panel (highlighted in Red).
When you click this button, the student will be able to see :
1. Their Marks
2. Your comments and annotations
3. Explanations for the answers that you provided while creating the test
If you wish to make any changes to the grading, you can click on 'Change Grading', make the desired changes, and then publish again.
When you publish the grading for a particular student, a green tick will appear next to their name in your students panel on the left.
- Log in as a student via app.assessprep.com .
- Students from Mainland China will use www.assessprep.cn
- Click My Assessments to see scores for previous tests as well as all upcoming tests.
- Click View Results on the test for which you wish to see feedback.
View Marks & Feedback
- The overall achievement or total number of points earned will be displayed toward the top right.
- Use the dropdown menus to search for sections of the test and specific questions. Click 'Next' to move from one question to the next.
- The total number of points earned per question as well as any teacher comments will be displayed on the right.
- If provided, answer explanations can be found toward the bottom of the question. Or, select 'Correct' to see the correct answer.